Inspiring Nonviolence: Building a Vibrant, Peaceful LA
with today’s leading voice for nonviolence, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, and thousands of fellow Angelenos. Make the voice of nonviolence louder.
On March 27, participate in an interactive Town Hall Forum highlighting the power of institutions and organizations, leaders and decision makers, in creating social change through nonviolence. The event will bring together stakeholders — the media, educators, lawmakers, members of the faith-based community, business leaders and NGOs — for a discussion on the challenges, solutions and social responsibility toward nonviolence from their perspective. Panelists include:
* Honorable Mark Ridley-Thomas, Chairman, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
* Billie Weiss, Founder of Violence Prevention Coalition of Greater Los Angeles and Associate Director of the Southern California Injury Prevention Research Center at the UCLA School of Public Health
* Danielle Killion, a public affairs and communications consultant who studies news coverage of violence and crime, identifying the patterns that drive public opinion about safety and security
* Dean Varun Soni, USC Office of Religious Life, will serve as moderator
* Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, humanitarian and global voice for nonviolence, will lead a guided meditation
The event to end with a compelling call to action!
Your voice makes a difference! See you at the Art of Living Center (948 W. Adams Blvd. LA, CA 90007)
Our NONVIO sponsors